There has been a lot of talk of "Perfect Weeks" this week, so I figured it was my duty to provide the standings among Lunch League participants (to the best of my recollection).
Bill, Julie, and Phil are shooting for perfect weeks. This is trully unprecedented, and considering the players involved, this is a true changing of the guard from the old League stalwart, Axe.
Dianna and Amy are one game back, looking for .800 records on the week. These two are providing a couple different playing styles. Dianna started off the week with a stumble out the gates by missing Monday. She also provided some suspense by holding out of pregame banter yesterday. Amy has proven to be a worthy foe, resorting to bushleague tactics such as criticizing her opposition's equipment. One has to respect this fiery will to win. After pledging her allegiences to the Busch Light team, however, she has earned back her credibility.
Michael has an opportunity today to save face and head into the weekend with a winning record. Everyone is pulling for the true underdog. I'm beginning to pick up a chant from behind the Notre Dame bench....
Axe has fallen off his throne. He's been sliding downhill for several weeks now, but this fall from grace has shown that League championships are in fact wide open every week. We may be entering into a new era of League play.
Good luck to all of you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm beginning to understand the commotion from the Notre Dame student section. They're chanting "Michael," the name of the heralded veteran by way of Holy Cross and Miami (OH). He's been riding the bench for quite some time. Everyone is pulling for him to get on the field of play.
sh*t i will not be there, but next week i hope to emerge from the DL and bat at least .600...
And he chokes under the pressure. His career is definitely in the balance. Management has some thinking to do in the offseason.
To the management,
I know I'm a newbie and have had the worst attendance of anyone this week (ahem... .000) but as long as I don't spend another week of lunches in meetings or in the ER w/participants or any other nonsense like that, I think it's pretty clear that I should replace Eric on this team. He has shown less and less dedication as the weeks go on and frankly, it's time for a change. I will be that change.
Ivy
P.S. I suppose he could still sub, if he ever gets around to it...
Post a Comment