Thursday, November 19, 2009

Going Rogue!

Back during my days as a sandwich maker in the McCain campaign, Steve Schmidt and the Senator's other top advisers repeatedly told me to stay "on message" (e.g., tenderloins in IA, Philly cheese-steaks in PA, etc), but like I always say: "You can put lipstick on a pit-bull, but eventually he's gonna bite back, you betcha!"

Sure enough, one day after clipping some coupons, I decided to buy some turkey, provolone, alfalfa sprouts, onion, avocado and horseradish and slap em all atop 2 slices of bread, which is a non-business-as-usual creation I like to call the "Maverick Sandwich". Well wouldn't you know, the McCain campaign just flipped & accused me of "going rogue." And of course the Liberal Media jumped in, too, calling the Maverick Sandwich an "unthinkably disgusting combination of ingredients."

Well, as anyone who reads "all of them" newspapers like me can tell you, the McCain campaign ended up losing to the campaign to that commie-loving, grandmother-killing immigrant, Barack Osama. But things will be different in 2012, you hear, and that's why I've launched my new book: Going Rogue: an American Cookbook, featuring recipes for meals like the Maverick Sandwich with Freedom Fries and other liberty-loving dishes.

For a sneak peak of the Maverick Sandwich, come to EMRB today!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Thanks Sarah! I'll be at lunch, likely eating something American like apple pie. Or maybe pizza. What's more American than that? To make it rogue, maybe I'll spit on it or something.