Friday, September 04, 2009
The classic semi-embarassing photo
This one is probably full-out embarassing, actually. Since I'm sure none of you nerds know who is pictured, it's former Iowa State basketball coach Larry Eustachy, photographed at a student house party he attended in Columbia, MO. This picture and others taken eventually led to his forced resignation or firing, I can't remember which. This incident has led to hundreds if not thousands of copycat images being photographed, and led to a notable if brief spike in sales of Natural Light.
I'm not sure which is more embarassing, the head coach going to college parties or being photographed drinking Natty Light.
Sorry I won't be at lunch, but i'll see y'all Monday. We'll all be at work, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice. I'm glad you posted this, Sean, as I was about to throw up a lackluster effort that would have egregiously broken the "embarrassing photo" theme of this week.
Regarding today, it sounds like J, Hans and myself (and maybe Brett?) are receptive to watching The Office. Should we do it?! If so, where should we meet?
p.s. Sean, I think it's more embarrassing to be photographed drinking Natty Light.
The truly surprising thing about this photo is that it was taken after a game in Columbia. How does the head coach of a major conference basketball team end up at a college party at a rival campus after a game?
Post a Comment